What is HypnoBirthing®?
HypnoBirthing® is childbirth education for a natural and more comfortable birth experience helping to prepare parents and baby for a gentle birth. It is as much as philosophy as it is a set of tools and techniques.
Book 1-on-1/couple training with Lynda. 2 x 3 hr sessions or 3 x 2 hr sessions
The classes offer a rewarding, relaxing method of birthing that is based on the belief that all babies should come into the world in an atmosphere of gentility, calm and joy. HypnoBirthing® teaches you that, in the absence of fear and tension, or special medical circumstances, severe pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labor. HypnoBirthing encourages a calm, peaceful and natural pregnancy, birth and bonding experience for families.
The concept of HypnoBirthing® is not new, it is a “rebirth” of the philosophy of birthing as it existed thousands of years ago that childbirth is a natural, normal and healthy function for women, and instinctively women and babies know what to do. When a mother is properly prepared for birthing physically, mentally and spiritually she can experience birthing her baby in an easier, more comfortable and often even pain free manner. The course is inspired by the work of Dr.Grantly Dick-Read (1890 – 1959) an English obstetrician. His book ‘Childbirth Without Fear’ returned women to their rightful gift of truly natural childbirth.
Benefits of HypnoBirthing®
- Helps to understand and educe the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Can shorten the first stage of labour by several hours.
- Can Lessen fatigue during labour, leaving you with energy for birth.
- Your birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Can help towards a more rapid postnatal recovery.
- As mums are more relaxed and calm this helps to baby to be happy, calm and well adjusted, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines.
- A more relaxed and enjoyable pregnancy.
- A calmer, more peaceful and confident birth, leaving you and your baby with a positive birthing experience.
Note: We are are not running any classes for 2020. Only 1-1 Training is available
HypnoBirthing® classes are face-to-face classes that inspire confidence within parents and you will learn proven techniques in well thought out program of deep relaxation, visualisation, affirmations, self-hypnosis and special breathing techniques to achieve a confident, calm, peaceful birth for both you and your baby. It is a great bonding experience for birthing partners to be involved in the experience and also a great opportunity to meet with other like-minded, positive birthing couples. Many of whom develop friendships and remain in contact after the birth.
The aim of the HypnoBirthing® Program is to teach you how to relax into your body and the birthing process. When the mind is free of stress and fear that cause the body to respond with pain, then nature is free to process birth in the same well-designed manner that it does for all our other normal physiological functions.
You will gain an understanding of how the birthing muscles work in perfect harmony as they were designed to when your body is sufficiently relaxed and you trust birth. You will learn how to achieve this kind of relaxation, free of the resistance that fear creates, and you will learn to use your natural birthing instincts for a calm, serene and comfortable birth.
When you have your baby with HypnoBirthing®, you will not be in a trance or a sleep. What you will experience is a deep connection with your baby and body.
Frequently mums are conversant and in good spirits–totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of your body’s surges and your baby’s progress; but because you will have trained yourself to reach complete relaxation, you are able to determine the degree and the manner in which you will feel the surges. You can experience birthing in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear that prevents the muscles of your body from functioning as nature intended them to. In this calm state, your body’s natural relaxant, endorphins, replaces the stress hormones that constrict and cause pain.
Hypnobirthing Wellington – What you will learn:
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to release the fear and tension that cause long labour and unnecessary levels of pain, replacing them with confidence, calm and comfort.
- Special breathing techniques for relaxation, labour and birth.
- Visualisation to aid in producing a shorter, more comfortable labour.
- To create and control the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- Birthing Affirmations to build confidence and to help you look forward to giving birth.
- Massage to release endorphins.
- Fear Release to overcome any concerns you may have about giving birth and parenting.
- To build confidence and trust in yourself and how to listen to and work with your baby and your body.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- To practice deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.
Hypnobirthing Wellington classes are run regularly in the beautiful and relaxing Kapiti Coast
Contact email@example.com or 0800 262248 for more information
*Disclaimer: As a professional therapist we are not legally allowed to offer guarantees. Therefore, please note that outcomes can vary on an individual basis.